However, I've had some time lately to actually create!
My first project was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest from this site. I recreated this with Adeline's sweet little hands and feet! I love that I have her handprints and footprints preserved in such a fun way!
I simply used canvases from Wal-Mart, tempera and acrylic paints, and "googly" eyes from Wal-Mart.
So simple and so fun!
My next project was inspired by the painted burlap signs you see. I LOVE the look of those but just couldn't get myself to spend the $30 or so dollars on one!
I've been wanting to create a fun birthday sign for Adeline's upcoming 1st birthday and to have one to hang on our front door each time we celebrate a birthday in our home!
For this project, I recycled an old burlap bag (or you can just use purchased burlap material).
1. I sketched the outline of my design (a cupcake with icing) twice, in order to have two sides.
2. I cut my design out and pieced it together to make sure it matched.
3. Next, I used tempera (you can also use acrylic) paint to paint the icing white on top for each side of the cupcake. (Make sure to put the burlap over a lot of paper when painting...it leaks through.)
4. I then painted stripes on each side (I did each side in different colors to have a more "girlie" side and a "boyish" side.)
5. Let the sides dry - this takes about half a day.
6. Use a Sharpie to write on and decorate as you wish.
7. Use a glue gun to glue the two sides together and secure wire for hanging. You will want to stuff the inside with newspaper.
I'm loving how this turned out too!!
A third project I wanted to accomplish was another idea I found on Pinterest. I love, love having framed pictures in the house...but with as many pictures as I take of our family now and of Adeline by herself, I don't want to commit to placing a picture in a frame. I would never get around to changing out the pictures! I loved the idea I found of have a clip within a frame to clip a picture and to easily change it out whenever. I found a couple frames at Homegoods, used some canvas material I purchased at Wal-Mart (this is a textured fabric that we now have in a lot of places throughout our home!) and hung them above our new living room chair (that I adore!).
I love the way it pulls the little nook all together!