12.14.2011

lots to love

I'm linking up with Jamie today for What I'm Loving Wednesday!

I'm loving...

That my baby girl slept 5 hours straight last night between her late night feeding (11ish) and her middle of the night feeding (4ish).  Then she slept 4 more straight hours until her first feeding of the day (8ish).  Whoo hoo!

her sleeping habits crack me up--hands and feet out from covers at all times!

I'm loving...

That I have been able to cook more.  Some of my faves have been crock pot recipes! Thank you Pinterest for all the inspiration! Beside Pinterest inspirations, we've also had Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Tortilla Soup, and "Fried" Rice with steak and chicken! I'm planning on trying a bar-b-q chicken recipe and pot roast recipe soon that I've pinned. (Sorry for the lack of links...Pinterest is down right now.)

I'm loving...

That I was able to spend some time yesterday with two dear friends! Adeline and I met Page and her sweet baby, Selah, for lunch yesterday.  It was the first time for our sweet babes to meet.  It was so refreshing to sit with another momma and chat all things newborn and postpartum from breastfeeding hiccups to diaper duty.  It was so good for the soul! Then in the afternoon I got a call from my sweet friend, Cheri, and she stopped by to just hang out and chat while Adeline was napping.  (She's due with a sweet little girl, Anna, in April!) Love all these sweet girls that will be around for playmates for Adeline!


I'm loving...

All the Christmas festivities!! We have shopped till we've dropped for one thing! Adeline is quite the pro shopper already.  I am loving all the Christmas devotional reading we've been doing as a family and that I have been doing with Adeline during some of her awake time.  She already loves to be read to! Tonight we have our Christmas Cantata at church...my mom and mother-in-law are in the choir and it's always such a joyful celebration of Christ's birth! We've also spent quite a bit of time decorating our tree and then Adeline and I spent the day with my mom to help her decorate their huge live tree.  Adeline also met Santa for the first time at church on Sunday!

Adeline and Boone enjoyed the decorating festivities--the lights are a hit with the sweet girl

our tree


I'm loving...

The new addition to our stockings! We ordered Adeline a personalized Pottery Barn stocking and it's perfect!

 I'm loving...

Dressing this girl up in Christmas attire! Actually dressing her up in anything! :)



I'm loving...

All the cuddles in front of the Christmas tree lately!



 I'm loving...

My little angel and our sweet little family (Boone included)!


Pin It!

7 comments :

  1. She is so precious! I'm glad you've tried some recipes from Pinterest, I need to actually do that soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so much like you. What a true blessing babies are - especially at Christmas. :)

    I also love that you had Santa hold her - too funny and I'm sure she'll laugh at that picture when she's older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! what a sweet baby girl! i can't wait for one day to snuggle my own kids next to the Christmas tree :)

    hooray for it almost being CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Adaline is a doll! We get stockings for our little poochies. We adopted our maltipoo Hank this year. Our little Hank got his stocking in the mail yesterday- the exact same one as your little Adaline. It's SUPER CUTE!! :) And I need to try some of the crock pot recipes from Pinterest. They all look very yummy! Merry Christmas!! xoxo Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful that she slept 5 hours! Just wait until she sleeps through the night- you will be in heaven! :) She is such a little beauty and I love her in her little Christmas outfits. Emerson has the I heart Santa one and she's wearing it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good girl sleeping so long for mommY!! Callyn started around 2 weeks sleeping for 5 hrs, then 3 every single night like clockwork until about 4 1/2 or 5 weeks and then right before 6 weeks BAM-8.5 hours straight! So you might be getting really close to through the night! :) And it's amazing. Until you have a night like we had last night where she's up every hour and a half! EEk. Growth spurt? I hope so!
    She looks so precious in her little bows! I LOve that you can clip them right into her hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along!

    LOVE that last picture of Adeline...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails