2.20.2011

wait.

 I just love when I sit down in my seat at church and I hear a message that feels as though God wrote it JUST for me.  JUST for that moment.  JUST at the time I needed to hear it.

via
The message this Sunday was on waiting.  Waiting on the Lord.  It's something I'm not good at.  I have a few things going against me on this one:  I'm a self-proclaimed Type A, inattentive, busy-body, planner-to-a-tee, say-yes-to-everything, be-everything-to-everyone, impatient girl.

And today, God shared a message with me.  It's as if He dropped a little love note right out of the sky.  It came through our guest pastor at church and it came through this scripture: 

Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, 'My way is hidden from the Lord, and my right is  disregarded by my God'? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the  Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the faint, and  strengthens the powerless.  Even youths will faint and  be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  

Isaiah 40:27-31

What has gripped at my hear the most, is that He doesn't leave me alone when He says wait.  It doesn't mean He's not working.  It doesn't mean He's not answering prayers.  In the middle of waiting (on what seems like so many things and answers right now), He is working fiercely on my heart.  It's not easy.  And to be honest, it's not the way I want it.  But it's what's best.  It's not all about me.  And whether I like it or not, God knows just what He's doing when He calls me to wait on Him.  He knows it's not in my nature.  He knows He has to hold tight to me.  And He knows He's not finished with me.  So now, I wait.  And oddly enough....I'm full of joy doing it.

How do you practice patience? What is God teaching you about waiting on Him?

Pin It!

7 comments :

  1. Whew. I needed this today. Waiting, and sometimes riding out the storm, is the most difficult thing to do. I'll pray for patience for you, if you pray for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that in this fast-paced information superhighway life it's so hard to wait. it's so not in our nature. i'm glad and thankful God works to chip away at our sinful nature to replace it with something better - Him. i think that happens the most in the waiting times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. I feel that this has been me the last few months. He has taught me so much and to rely on him always and although it is not always easy, life is so much better when he is in control. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waiting is so hard! i love when a sermon is exactly what i need at the time. there are a few things in my life i am waiting on the Lord for....and i'm just trying to remember to continue to serve the Lord and have joy during the wait! :) glad to hear you are full of joy while you are waiting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just scheduled a post very similar to this. Waiting and being patient is so difficult but so refining. I've felt Him molding me so much through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this passage from Isaiah!
    Those sermons that seem to speak directly to you are so magical and precious! I am glad that you heard a great message on Sunday!!
    For us, we waited and waited and waited during infertility. I fought and got frustrated because (like you) I can be type A:). But, eventually we came to terms with it and learned to wait on the Lord with joy. I still had "tantrums" every once in a while, but overall the Lord granted us a huge gift by allowing us to face infertility.
    I am happy that you are finding joy in your wait- keep that spirit high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love when it the Lord speaks straight to me during a sermon. mighty thing. i love what you said about the Lord waiting with us. so powerful & when you get past this season it will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails