8.17.2011

life lately.

I thought it was time to finally update the blog since it's been a week and a half.  So here goes a brain dump on what's been going on in our life lately...

First of all, as you can tell from the lack of posting and reading other blogs, I've started back to school.  Let's just sum it up by saying this.class.exhausts.me.  Whew.

We finally sold Justin's car, which means a car purchase is now in the works for this momma-to-be.  Yay! I love our truck but I'm ready to hand that over to hubby and have my own (smaller) SUV to drive.

Hubby decided to get sick on me right as I was going back to school.  Poor thing was pitiful for about a week! It started with what we thought was an infected bug bite on his leg...turned out to be a form of staph.  Boo.  He got a prescription cream and an antibiotic.  (Doctor visit number one in a week.) Good news was the staph quickly cleared up.  Bad news...he started running a high fever a couple days later.  (Doctor visit number two in one week.)  He went to doctor, was told it was a fever virus and he'd be sick with it for 3-5 days.  He was pitiful and miserable...and I hated it for him. Now fast forward to a couple days later.  He wakes up with crazy/intense hives all over his body. (Doctor visit number three in one week.)  Turns out he's allergic to the antibiotic he was give for the staph.  He's now on his final days of a steroid to clear up his hives.  Thankfully they cleared up after a couple days.  Whew...what a whirlwind! Little Adeline better not be as high maintenance as her daddy. ;)

Yesterday was the lovely glucose tolerance test. Yummy.  The nasty stuff tasted like a Sprite with three times the sugar and minus the carbonation.  Thankfully my momma took me because I did get really light-headed and felt like I was going to pass out like they warned.  (I've never done well without eating breakfast...and pregnancy is definitely not an exception!) Hopefully everything comes back ok.  It was also exciting because my mom got to hear Adeline's heartbeat for the first time...and boy was the sweet baby hyped up on that sugar!

Justin, our brother-in-law, and Justin's dad finished up our master bath project....turning our tub only into a shower/tub combo.  I'm beyond thankful for this! (Our only shower was in our basement.)  Now I don't have to go downstairs!! Whoo hoo.

We continue to make progress on the nursery.  We now have baby girl's crib (it was given to our nephew when he was a baby by Justin's grandma that has passed away...so we are blessed to have such a sweet sentiment in her nursery that was passed on to us).  We have all the major furniture.  I have sketched out my final plan for the nursery and I have my painting planned for one of her walls.  I love progress!

That's all for now.  Hope to be back soon more regularly! Have a blessed rest of the week!

Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. Hey happy 3rd trimester to you little lady!!! Wow!
    I did the orange drink and I just chugged it and it did burn but the actual taste wasn't that bad to me. Luckily, I did not have to fast for mine first.
    I cannot believe you're already back to school! Where did this summer go?! You will be off for mat. leave before you know it!
    Yay for selling another car! You guys are awesome!
    And your poor hubby! And poor you taking care of him at an already stressful time! Tony is sick just with a cold right now and I thought that was bad enough. Praying he gets 100% healthy very soon! And praying for your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a feeling i'm going to have a post just like this soon! i've been working like a crazy woman and have missed blogging but there just has been no time for it (and we haven't even started school, ah!). i hope your kids settle into school and let you have a pleasant last few months of teaching before baby! can't wait to see the master bathroom and nursery!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails