4.11.2010

serious deals to snag

I did quick shopping this weekend.  Mainly to pick up necessities and some can't-pass-up deals.  Seriously, you will need to go snag these up! Your budget will thank you.  (And, if you got one, don't be like me and forget your $5 Wal-Mart gift card freebie that came in the mail this week.  Guess it will be used next week!)

Wal-Mart


Purex Fabric Softener $2.98--will be free after mail-in rebate!
(I found a hanging tag on the Purex at my Kroger yesterday.  I took it.  The hangtag...not the Purex.  Hope that's not against the rules. haha.  I took it home, hoping to find a Purex coupon.  I couldn't find one to make this a money-maker, but this will still be free when I mail in the rebate tag.  Free is a perfect price for me!)

Benadryl Itch-Release sticks $2.38--FREE for TWO (plus $0.24 overage)!
(These are $2.38 at Wal-Mart.  Use a $5/2 coupon from the 4/11 RedPlum insert today.  That makes this FREE for two with a $0.24 moneymaker! Love this!)

BIC 2-pack disposable razors $0.97 (find these in your travel-size area)--FREE plus $1.03 overage!
(Use a $2/1 March insert coupon-I think.)

Schick Disposable Razor 12-count $1.97--FREE plus $0.03 overage!
(Use a $2/1 SmartSource 4/11 insert coupon)

Clean & Clear face wash trial size $0.97--FREE plus $0.03 overage!
(Use $1/1 coupon from March inserts)

Yoplait Yoplus 4-pack $1.68 on Rollback--$0.68
(Use $1/1 printable coupon from coupons.com)

Jennie-O Lean Turkey Burgers--$5.98 for 12-pack
(No coupon...boo.  However, I couldn't pass this deal up when browsing for burgers to have around for grilling.  The unit price of these were just about $0.12.  I only found one other pack of frozen burger patties for less than this.  And I'm not being snobby or anything, but they were the Great Value beef burgers at $0.11 for the unit price.  Not quite as healthy...at least that's what Bob says on the Biggest Loser, ha!  No really, I thought this was a fabulous price for a very healthy, natural, only two-ingredient item.  They say the less ingredients, the better for you.  I even called my red meat-loving husband to get the "okay" that I bring these home.  He was happy with it.  I was tickled pink for two reasons.  He was okay with it and it's a healthy, budget-friendly alternative!)

Tips:

*You can almost always find razors as free, very, very cheap, or as a moneymaker.  It's great to keep those coupons on hand!

*My mom asked me the other day, "So what do you mean overage or moneymaker?" If you are wondering the same thing, it means the coupon is worth more than the price of the item.  (I look at it as they pay me to buy it.  Um, can I make a career out of this, please? And yes, the cash register will beep at you and the sales clerk may get annoyed or confused.  However, at most places they override this with one little push of the button.  The "overage" will go toward the rest of your items.  For example, the $1.03 I got back from the BIC razors went toward the rest of my bill.  Now, most stores will not pay you back for these.  Also, let's say your bill comes down to $0.36 and you still have a $0.55/1 coupon to use...most stores won't change your coupon to match what's left on your tab, making it free for your purchases.  You'll want to make sure you have "filler items" so that you can use all your coupons.  Clear as mud?

*Also, Ashleigh at Thankfully Thrifty taught me this great trick! (I'm always learning things from this shopping savvy gal.)  I would have never thought of it...at least not very quickly! Save your coupons that don't have a
size restriction on it to purchase trial size items.  This is a great way to get a moneymaker deal with overage.  Think of your overage as a coupon toward another item (plus you get something free).  Worth clipping the coupon? I think so!


So in this family, we're totally realizing how God provides through coupons.  Yep, coupons.  So neat!
How are you seeing God provide in your own family?



Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. I'm your newest follower :)
    http://meetthehessons.blogspot.com/

    Turkey burgers are my absolute favorite but it's like pulling teeth trying to get my husband to eat one over the regular beef burgers. He's hooked on those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet to mention me! Esp since I've frantically been taking notes and searching through coupons to get your deals and then I stumbled upon my name! Haha. Thanks Cait!
    Also not sure if this is still going on but check this site... there was a Jennie O rebate about a month ago: http://www.wellnessdaily.com/user/create
    And I'm excited to go get some freebies tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails