1.16.2011

are you sitting down?

via
I finally broke out my sewing machine!! Oh yes.  That's what a three day weekend can motivate you to do! I'm excited to say that I actually used my sewing machine for the first time this weekend and even created something I love!

After a little lot of perseverance getting the machine ready to sew and ripping out a stitch or two lots of stitches, I finally had a breakthrough and had success with my first time sewing!

DIY Potholder Mini Makeup Bag

I started with a potholder.
(You can find them cheap at Wal-Mart for less than $2 for a two-pack.)


 I folded it in half and stitched up both sides with a zig-zag stitch.


I added a button that was left over from a piece of clothing.
(You know those extra ones you get and hardly ever use.)

And there you have it.  It's working beautifully to hold my lip stuff together in one place in my purse!

I'm so excited.  And I'm pretty sure I've caught the sewing bug!

So, do you sew? If "sew", what was your first project? Your favorite project?

Pin It!

13 comments :

  1. Ok, I do not know how to sew but I clearly need to learn! That is so cute! My mom is a sewing machine, I will have to show her this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Cait!!! I LOVE this idea!! I'm going to make bunches of these and give as gifts! I LOVE to sew and have a great machine..my favorite thing to make is aprons by far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you cute?! I love it! I got out my sewing machine today too!! I made a nursing cover! :) I'll post about it while I'm on "maternity leave." Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! You should add them to your ETSY :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'm so impressed! I don't own a sewing machine although my grandmother was amazing at it and made alot of my dresses. I can hand sew but the last time I did that, I sewed a pocket to my dress crooked...hahah! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!! I am having so much fun reading your blog, so I wanted to pass on a blog award to you. Thank you for all your inspiration!

    http://bvjohnson.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea! If I knew how to sew I would try that project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I would say that was a successful sewing project!! It looks great and what a cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cait this looks awesome!!!! I am very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so cute!!! I'm so glad you started sewing - what fun! And you are a genius at starting with the best, cute and simple ideas. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails