1.24.2011

miscellany monday

It's been a while since I linked up with Carissa, so I'm excited to do so today!

One-- We've had numerous snow days lately.  And in all honestly, I'm loving them.  What's better than an unexpected day off where your hubby is off as well? And let me be honest about something else, I get really tired of hearing people say, "Just wait until June when you're still in school."  Really? Hm, I had no idea.  (Yep, that's sarcasm.) I'm okay with it...so please quit trying to make these sweet blessings seem not so great.  They are just what they seem...perfection!

via
Two-- We are temporarily attempting to live on one income right now.  Justin's job is off and on during the winter, so whatever he makes we're putting straight into savings (or using toward any unexpected expenses each month).  How awesome is God that he blesses you tremendously in times where you think it will be so rough? Our budget balanced at $0 today when I re-hashed it all.  Nothing extra, not at a negative...zero.  That $0 tells me that God is once again supplying exactly what we need.  What a precious blessing.

via
Three-- Am I shallow if I say that The Bachelor makes my Mondays a little brighter? If so, I think I'm okay with that.  It's a couple hours of relaxation that I need after a non-stop day of orchestrating the every move and every second of the day for 22 nine and ten year olds.

not mine but they look just as delicious!
 Four--I made homemade, made-from-scratch, chocolate chip cookies last night.  I have no idea what got into me...I'm usually a break-and-bake type of cookie gal.  They are scrumptious.  Perfection.  I'm convinced I may need to own a bakery one day...all my recipe triumphs are sweets.  (And I sort of felt like I finally arrived as an adult and wife when I had everything needed to make them in the cupboards.)

Five--I love reading everyones pregnancy updates.  Maybe more than I enjoy reading books.  Okay, actually, more than I enjoy reading books.  Really, I'm living vicariously through y'all.  I'm at peace with that...and feel so blessed to learn from all you sweet ladies for when I'm in that season of my own life.

Six--Whew.  It's felt good to be random! I have missed this!

Pin It!

7 comments :

  1. I love reading people's pregnancy updates too! Aren't they great. It's good to know what to expect when I or you get there.

    And now I want cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your randomness for the day! I love the snowy winter days too...I wish people would stop complaining so much about them!! Glad you've enjoyed reading the pregnancy updates..I'm kinda glad I'm on the 'tail end' of pregnancy..everyone else is ahead of me..so I get to learn what to expect in the coming weeks from what they blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are you little miss Martha! Choc. chip cookies sound pretty amazing right now...at least we have brownies in the oven to help with that craving =) And I think I'm the only girl on the planet that doesn't watch The Bachelor but whatever makes a Monday better is a good thing! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy those days off from school :) especially with hubby home too!! Amazing God will take care of us no matter the budget number! Ah yum, those cookies look so good -- like everyone else, thanks for the craving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. homemade cookies are king! so happy you've been able to have some sweet snow days!!! and yes, isn't the Lord's provision amazing?! i'm always in awe of His faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than a snow day- they are definitely a blessing to be enjoyed! Those cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with number 1. Snow days are like being a kid all over again and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails