5.02.2011

How Much Can I Save in a Year? Link-Up!


   
 Starting the second trimester has been good to me (and our budget)! I feel like I'm coming out of my fog...whoo hoo! With more energy and feeling less like the grocery store makes me want to ... well you know... I tripled my savings from last month to this month! That's something to celebrate!

April Savings 
$59.39

2011 Total Savings
$259.89

Best of Savings

-Our local Target is transitioning to add more of a grocery selection and sent a $10 off $75 purchase coupon! I combined quite a few gifts and other things we needed for around the house to make it to a $75 total...and got the $10 off! Love it. (*Also, see my tip below on this.)

-This weekend at Kohl's, they were giving $10 Kohl's cash when you spend $50...after shopping for purchases I needed to make for Mother's Day, birthdays, etc...I got in on this great deal! Plus, even better...the cashier was super excited about me being pregnant (and how she couldn't believe I was in my 16th week and looked the way I did...ha!) so she gave me the 15% discount only Kohl's credit card customers were supposed to get.  (And this is even after I gave her my little "schpeel" about how I "don't do credit cards".)  Gotta love customer service! (*Also, see my tip below about this.)

-I scored two free bottles of Nivea body wash with Wal-Mart's awesome $3 price and my two $3/1 coupons...I was out of body wash too...perfect timing!

A Little Savings Tidbit

So my tip...those crazy high totals you have to get to sometimes at a store before getting the cash back or the savings off your entire purchase...

I shopped with my grandma and mom...both of which are way too sweet to me and let me get the benefits of both of these deals.  At Target, I was very close to the $75 total...but not quite...so my mom and I combined our purchases and she just gave me cash to cover her items.  With that, we got the $10 off...and she insisted I get the benefits.  Gotta love moms.

At Kohl's, my grandma and I didn't have $50 each total, so we combined our purchases, again, she gave me cash toward hers, and then she was kind enough to let me keep the $10 Kohl's cash.

Moral of the story...combine your purchases with a friend or family member to get the total you need for the special discount.  For example, at Target, you could both take $5 off your total...not the entire $10, but it's better than nothing!

Now it's your turn! Grab the button and link up below with a deals post of your own.  Whether its an update on your savings so far this year or just a great trip you had with great savings! Anything goes! Also, make sure to go check out Thankfully Thrifty to see how Ashleigh's savings are going so far this year!


Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. How sweet of your mom & grandma! And a great idea to go with someone else. I love retail savings because it might not be huge savings but still helpful when you are buying gifts! And glad to see you got to go to target :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that about moms and grandmas!! :) Even if it were with a friend that you split the difference with, that's a great way to save!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails