5.01.2011

update-12 weeks!

phone pic=blurry pic
How far along: 12 weeks

Babe size: Baby is the size of a plum!

Total weight gain/loss: I think I am still just up about one pound from pre-pregnancy weight.

Sleep: Sleep is still going well...other than all these crazy storms we've had lately...two night we've had to either stay up late to go to the basement or get up early to go to the basement due to tornado warnings.  Thankfully everything has been fine here...just a nuisance.

Movement: Holding firm with flutters.  Why do I still question if it's movement?

Food cravings/aversions: Aversions continue to get better...yay! Two gross things that have tasted really good...a chilly cheese dog and a BLT...both made at home.  Because for some odd reason it grosses me out to think about eating them at a restaurant.  Clementines have tasted amazing this week! And I'm loving my skim, organic milk.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm being very honest and maybe TMI (because this symptom is touchy for me)...but I have always had dark hair which I don't mind at all.  I actually have always been very thankful for my dark hair and olive skin.  However, I'm hating that my hair is getting even darker everywhere in pregnancy...especially on my face.  Gross.  I also have to shave my legs so much more often...it grows so fast.  Supposedly that's a sign of a boy.  We'll see.  I'm coughing lots...I've read it's because of increased drainage and the whole gag reflex thing.  Occasionally getting sick still in a very minor way...as in making friends with the toilet due to something coming right back up.  Each time was completely my fault...either trying to brush my teeth before eating breakfast....or taking vitamins on empty stomach.  I know better... Enough of the gross stuff... ;)

What I miss: I'm way over the complexion.  I mean really...where is the pregnancy glow so many brag about?!

What I'm looking forward to: Gender ultrasound, of course! And...deciding on a boy name.

Milestones: Definitely have a bump that is looking more like a pregnant bump instead of an "I just ate too much" bump.  Those close to me have noticed...strangers probably just still think I have a gut. ;) I'm fine with that.  If you read this post, you know we decided on a girl name.  We both love and adore it.  Now on to pick out a boy name.

Best moment this week: My kids crack me up.  For some reason on the way to the buses at the end of the day a few of my kiddos and myself started talking height.  Of course with my 5'2" build, I always joke that so many of them are either at my height or will be taller than me when I run into them in the halls when they are in 5th grade.  One of my spunky little girls told me I was the perfect height and she wanted to be my height when she grew up.  She told another little girl that she hopes she's "short and skinny" like me...not "short and dumpy".  I mean what 4th grader says that?! I thought about saying...oh just wait..."short and dumpy" will be my name very soon.  It just made me laugh...I'm thankful to still be "skinny" in their eyes...b/c I feel very "dumpy". ;)

Also, it was teacher appreciation week at school this past week.  They came around each morning with snacks.  One morning they brought around Starbucks bottled frappucinos.  I passed it up due to the caffeine.  One of my kiddos said, "Mrs. G, why didn't you get a frappe?" I responded with, "I'm not supposed to have much caffeine because of the baby."  She looked at me and responded with, "Oh! Well it's good that you know that!" and gave me a big grin.  Hilarious.

Moments with Justin: We've had some intense heart-to-hearts about our future as a family.  Work, vehicles, etc.  All have been such peaceful conversations that I have been so thankful for.  We are working so hard to be open and honest with each other about our desires, dreams, and goals. And I'm so thankful to have a hubby that listens to every crazy idea or thought I have...never pushes them aside...but treats each one with respect and prayer.

On a lighter note, I'm now hooked on "Pregnant in Heels"...reality TV is my downfall.  Justin watched at least two with me...we both actually learned quite a bit about some things...and a lot of what not to do...and that there are TONS of things we already had one-ups on against some of these crazy couples.  Whew.  Anyway, in the middle, he asked me, "Are you enjoying being pregnant?" It caught me off guard...and I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful of him to ask.

Pin It!

3 comments :

  1. You look adorable! I love Pregnant in Heels- it definitely makes me feel better when I get anxious about pregnancy and mommyhood. Some of those women are CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your weekly updates! And I'm intrigured by that tv show, might have to check it out. Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the update!! :) i have never heard of that show? now i'm curious! have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails