6.05.2011

weekly update-17 weeks




How far along: 17 weeks

Babe size: Onion--about 5 inches from head to bottom!

Total weight gain/loss: About another pound...I'm holding steady at gaining about a pound a week...give or take a few ounces. (I'm pretty sure I'm gaining it all in the chest--oh my!--and love handles.  Just had to be honest.)

Sleep: Still pretty good.  I wake up constantly to switch sides.

Movement: Been feeling some pops and twists, but again, nothing for sure that I could say is baby.

Food cravings/aversions: I'm back to really enjoying grilled chicken...a food I could basically live on pre-pregnancy.  I'm still not fond of anything that's too sweet such as sugary beverages.  They still leave me with that metal mouth taste.  However, I'm loving chocolate.

Pregnancy Symptoms:Well I definitely felt more pregnant this week.  I'm feeling more round ligament pain...mainly when I get up from sitting for a long time.  Also, by the end of the day, I feel a lot of pressure at the top of my rib cage and just feel heavy all over my stomach.  Taking walks has been helping tremendously with that. 

What I miss: My normal clothes fitting.  Many still do...but I especially miss being able to put on whatever pair of shorts, capris, or long pants I choose.  Getting dressed is starting to become a hassle.  I can just imagine what it will be like down the road!

What I'm looking forward to: Our second ultrasound coming up in a couple weeks.  I'm anxious to see her again!

Milestones: Baby's bones are hardening and she is accumulating body fat now!

Best moment this week: Getting the office cleaned out that is going to be the nursery.  We wanted to get it to a point where we could work on it as we got the urge this summer.  Now I need to work on getting the closet cleaned out...because she's already accumulating quite the number of items!

Moments with Justin: I need to start writing these down as they happen because pregnancy brain causes me to forget! I guess one of the sweetest things I do remember from this week is after we got the office cleaned out, I noticed Justin standing in the doorway looking into the empty room.  It's becoming so real to us even more so now and I thought it was so sweet to see him looking into the room just thinking about everything that is to come.

Pin It!

5 comments :

  1. Such a sweet post. You're lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your still glowing and baby bump is too. I think what your posting will be a lasting cherish save for little baby. You should print each post and book them for a save when baby grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Don't you love dresses right now? I could pretty much live in them! :)
    I'm so excited for you to be certain of the movements. Then before you know it you will see and feel her wiggling all over the place! What a wonderful blessing! I just love sharing this all with you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! I love that dress, it looks very comfy. I love the "moments with justin" part of your survey - I will have to do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! Love that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails