10.02.2011

35 weeks...say what?!

Photobucket

How far along: 35 weeks

Baby size: Honeydew melon (length average: 18 inches and weight average: 5 1/4 pounds)--I'm wondering from you mommas already out there that went to a doc that did very minimal ultrasounds...did you know your baby's approximate size other than them just checking your belly size week by week? I'm just wondering if that is enough for them to know that everything is progressing fine with their weight, or if I will possibly have another ultrasound? (I'm going to ask at my next visit this week.)

Total weight gain: About 17 or 18 pounds--I haven't kept up with this well.  If the doc says things are good, I'm good!

Sleep: Not bad.  Some good nights...some more restless. (ditto from last week)  I am more sore when I wake up in the middle of the night.  My joints hurt and sometimes it's hard to get my belly in a position that doesn't hurt.

Movement: Still crazy strong.  She also has started having hiccups daily.  For four nights in a row they came at 10 pm like clockwork, now the times are more sporadic.

Food cravings/aversions: Still hungry all the time.  I eat a huge meal and then can be starving about an hour after.  Mexican is still gross to me.  I also want fast food way too often!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Fatigue, constant bathroom trips, joint pain, and occasional Braxton Hicks.

What I miss: Feeling normal.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting this little girl.  I'm also looking forward to my next appointment on Wednesday (cervical check for progression toward labor) and our Labor Class at the hospital this week.

Milestones: For me-- I still find it hard to believe that I'm only 5 weeks away from being 40 weeks pregnant and that in just a couple weeks it would be perfectly fine for her to come at any moment.  For Adeline--Almost all of her main systems have developed, minus her digestive system (that develops further after birth) and she's just gaining weight.

Best moment this week: Having the energy to go to a great arts and craft fair with my mom--I wasn't sure if I would be up for it, but I was.  We go every year and I always look forward to it! Also, my in-laws bought Adeline's mattress, so the nursery really is thisclose to being ready for reveal!

Moments with Justin: I'm having more and more meltdowns lately--mainly stress related due to all the demands I have beyond getting ready for baby.  My brain is in full-on baby mode and it's so difficult to continue to work.  He's been so wonderful to calm me down, remind me to take it a day at a time, and challenge me to slow down--something I don't do well on my own.

(Again, mommas out there that worked in the 3rd trimester--how realistic is it for me to say that I am working until the doc tells me not to or I go into labor? Am I crazy? Should I plan on finishing up with work earlier? Advice...)

Pin It!

7 comments :

  1. You look wonderful Caitlin. You are going to be meeting sweet Adeline before you know it. I can't imagine how hard it must be to still be working- especially teaching. You must be exhausted! Several of my friends did work up until they went into labor but I know it was very rough for them being on their feet all the time towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked up until my boss told me to go home! That ended up being about 5 days before I had Georgia. My doc only did 3rd tri. ultrasounds if they were needed. We had no clue what size she would be just that she felt "long". That was about it. As long as my belly measurement was good there was no reason for them to check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!! :-) Right now I'm not working so I don't have any advice :-( I would just say do what feels right to you! I know I would have a really hard time teaching right now because I've been having pretty intense pelvic pain when I stand/walk too long. It gets pretty bad the day after a "big" day of errands or outings! ha! You're getting SO CLOSE though! I am so excited to be close too, but also just as terrified because she could come SOON and I feel like there's still lots to do!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the comparison picture! I don't think they'll do another ultrasound at this point unless they measure your uterus and you're measuring big or small - then they'll want to make sure the baby's alright. I had one because my uterus was measuring small, but it was just because Wyatt dropped so early. I had planned on working until my due date, and I worked up until the doctor told me not to because I wanted as much of my maternity leave to be after my baby was born as possible. But I'm blessed to only have to work part-time, and I only ended up working through 36 weeks since Wyatt was born early, so it wasn't too bad. My co-worker worked right until she went into labor though, and she handled it great, so I think it's definitely do-able - I wish I had more tips for you! Just hang in there - maternity leave is wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dr. only did the 20 week ultrasound. She never said anything about callyn's size and she ended up being basically 9 pounds but my belly was measuring right on track all the way through 40 weeks so you just never know!!
    Callyn used to get the hiccups at 11 p.m. almost on the dot every night, it was so funny! Then they spread out a little more. She gets them a few times a day now and it's so funny to watch her and think that's what was going on inside my belly. Tony says, 'wow, no wonder you could never sleep when she was hiccuping!' so true! I can't believe you're 35 weeks-almost there lady!
    I would say as far as work, just work until you feel like you're done or you can't anymore. The last few weeks bring a lot of physical changes and you never know how you'll be feeling-just be open to whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, the weeks have just flown by! you are looking great. and i can't believe that you are still working! you are awesome :) hope you have a great 36th week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you through Ashleigh's blog :-) Yes I worked up until the day I went into labor with my first, and with my second I was sleeping so little that I took 2 days off and at the end of the first day I went into labor! It didn't cause any problems for me either time, I think work actually helped keep my mind off wondering when the babies were going to arrive (I have a lot of promodal labor with both pregnancies so it was difficult to tell when "real" labor started).

    We did only 2 ultrasounds for each baby the entire pregancies, my midwives were able to tell just fine how big both babies were from externally feeling the baby. We were only scheduled for a 3rd sono with my first because I went overdue - they do it then just to make sure I had enough amniotic fluid. But, I went into labor naturally before the scheduled ultrasound! Hang in there, your body will not make a baby that it can't pass through :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails