1.08.2012

i love you because...

I have been working on getting our master bedroom into a bit more of a retreat (as much as you can with a bassinet and baby monitor in it ;) and less of a "throw things down and walk away" room.  Besides removing clutter, I've also been looking for ways to add a bit more romance into things.

I have always loved the idea of leaving notes for each other as husband and wife.  I just think it's so important in a relationship to let each other know why you appreciate and love each other.  If you don't say it or show it in some way...how does the other person know? We have a "Praise Board" in our dining area that we love to leave notes on so when I saw a couple ideas on Pinterest, I knew a place to leave love notes was exactly what we needed in our bedroom to add some fun and romance to things!

The inspiration was of course found on Pinterest.

via
via
 Here was what I came up with for our bedroom wall using a frame we had on hand, a fun font I downloaded, and a simple word document...


Now it's hanging on our wall under one of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon.



I'm looking forward to Justin being surprised and finding his first note (I did this when he was at work).  Hopefully this adds a little more romance and gratitude into our busy days!

Pin It!

7 comments :

  1. Stealing this!! I love this idea! I currently am wanting to re decorate our bedroom. Since we moved we just threw everything that we had in our old house's master bedroom into the new room. Well I'm bored with the colors and like you would like to make it more of a retreat. Right now I feel like the Hubs thinks of it as a giant laundry hamper ;-) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I had seen it on pinterest also but I have not got around to making my own,but I love yours! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is on my list of projects! i was just eyeing a frame in the bathroom i'm bored of for this exact project :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! i have been meaning to make one of these for a while now...maybe it will get done sooner now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that on Pinterest too and decided I am totally doing that whenever I get married! What a fun little way to tell each other why you love the other :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this idea! One of the couples that led the marriage prep class at our church mentioned something like that, and I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate something like this into our marriage (I get married in three months :)! ) Are you just using dry erase markers on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea and in my top 5 things I want to do from Pinterest.

    I want to give you a "blog award" since you are always keeping me entertained and I looove how cute your little girl is! More details at msdeyle.blogspot.com if you want to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails