1.21.2012

a new thing

Lately Justin and I have been in a deep place of reflection as a couple.  We knew a baby would change a lot of things, but I don't think we realized just how much having a little one would change our hearts and desires.  Adeline has brought us a joy that we are in awe of daily and has drawn us closer to God in a whole new way.

We have turned a new page and are really devoting ourselves to prayer and reading scripture in a deeper way than we have in the past in order to discern God's will and direction with what we're thinking and reflecting upon.

Our associate pastor at our church, who married us, and happens to be a very dear friend of ours and an amazing mentor in our lives, shared a verse with us that has completely changed my frustrated approach to the throne of God into one of hopeful, calm expectation in this time where God seems to be so quiet.

As we wait on God to answer our prayers in His way and in His timing, we're reflecting constantly upon these verses.

Isaiah 43:18 & 19
If you are a prayer warrior, we would so appreciate your prayers.  Prayers for discernment and wisdom.  Prayers for complete humbleness of self and trust in God.  Prayers that doors would open and we would hear God wherever and whenever He speaks.

In a time of not being sure about quite a bit, we are sure and hopeful in a God that has never let us down.  A God that promises to make a way where there doesn't seem to be a way.  A God that loves us far more than our hearts can comprehend. And a God that promises us new things daily through His amazing grace.

Pin It!

7 comments :

  1. The Lord will give wisdom to those who seek him. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I will be honored to pray for you and Justin, sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying! I love that verse. After having our little one God has opened our eyes to things we didn't see before we were parents. It's amazing how he uses situations. I pray and hope that God gives ya'll a peace about what ever you two are facing or discerning upon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definately be praying for you all. That is a fantastic verse too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just said a prayer for you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I know what this is about, but maybe not :) Either way I am praying for you sweet sister-that God would grant you peace, and wisdom in your situation! You two are wonderful Godly parents and role models to sweet Adeline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am new to your blog. I also have a newborn - I will be praying for your little family!

    I am really looking forward to being a part of your fitness friday posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great verse! I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails