1.27.2012

Fitness Friday {week 3}

the blessed life
This week I really got going on working out and getting moving! I also have seen my first big results this week, which is making me so excited to continue this journey! And yay for 10 of you linking up last week! Let's continue to spread the word and encourage, encourage, encourage!

How did Week 3 go?

My goal this week was to drink hot tea or coffee in the morning instead of soda.  Well I started off well and then Adeline changed my goal. :) Even though I was drinking decaf, I think the coffee was hurting her little belly, so I switched to just drink water in the morning.  This ends up being better anyway to add to my water intake which is important since I'm BF and working out.  I am happy to say I did this each morning! This is another goal I will continue!

Was I active?

I am so excited to report that I was active 5 out of the 7 days this week! That is my new activity goal and I met it, yay!

Friday-Calisthenics and cleaning
Saturday-Postnatal Bootcamp (two intervals)
Sunday-Rest day
Monday-No activity--sick
Tuesday-Postnatal Bootcamp (two intervals)
Wednesday-Cleaning out basement with Adeline in-tow in Moby
Thursday-Postnatal Bootcamp (two intervals)

I did determine what it is about working out that can get me motivated on a day I don't want to do it...the mood-lifter it brings! Seriously, I am in such a better and more positive mood on days that I work-out.  Because of this, I would love, love to be able to get up early enough when I go back to work to work-out before going in.  I don't know that that will happen with also having to get Adeline ready.  However, I know it would make a tremendous difference in my mood going back to work until summer.  We will see if I can get there!

Weight Loss?

I made it back up to 129 after a dip the first week.  Now I am down from 129 to 128.6.  A little progress, but progress, nonetheless.  This is an area that is definitely going much, much slower than I anticipated, but I am just being really cautious with breastfeeding.  I saw my supply start to go down a bit early in the week, so I upped my calories a little more.  Really, as long as I'm getting more fit and toned, I'm okay with the weight-loss portion of this going very slow.


Measurements?

Waist: 31" (down 1" from starting measurement)
Thigh: 22" (down .5" from starting measurement)

That is more exciting to me than weight-loss!!

Week 4 Goal?

No french fries.  I cringed typing this...it will be so hard...I'd choose french fries over ice cream any day!

(See my list of weekly goals here.)

Now grab the button, and link-up your Fitness Friday posts to share about your fitness journey!


Pin It!

8 comments :

  1. Congrats on the inches lost! That is awesome girl! Good job avoiding soda. Sorry to hear that Adeline didn't do well with the coffee. Have you tried having sugar free hot chocolate? Sometimes I just like something warm and comforting to get me going for the day. Good luck with your goal for this coming week. I LOVE french fries too but I also try to avoid them and it is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you keep up with working out! I can definitely tell that I feel better after I work out :) My week 4 goal is to not eat any fast/fried food, including fries! Those are SO my weakness! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Yay for losing inches-so awesome!
    You can totally do the no french fries thing :) Haha...we literally have a McDonald's like 2 or 3 blocks away and when I was pregnant (I craved salty not sweet) I wanted fries ALL the time. I don't think I've had them even once since Callyn was born though! Great job on all the work outs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back to work last January after having my daughter and it was sooooo hard to get back in the gym. I didn't want to drop her off at the daycare there after being at regular day care all day. After a couple of months of trying to do the Shred at home I ended up going for just 20-30 minutes on my lunch breaks, I figured it was better than nothing. I have longer lunch breaks this year so I can fit in a good hour most days.

    You are so right about being in a better mood after working out, I always feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My work day doesn't start until 9 (lucky, I know) but I have found that working out before my daughter is awake is the only way I can squeeze it in without feeling guilty about not spending my limited time with her. It is super super super hard to get up, but once I'm up it's just fine. Being the only on e up when it is pitch dark out isn't that fun, but when you are done everyone is getting up and you can join in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job on the inches. I agree that is the best, even better than the weight.
    Morning workouts are great too!
    Good Luck this week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon your blog through Tami at Little Moments Like This. I must say- Miss Adeline is so precious. I loved reading about her. I have a daughter who is almost exactly 1 month older than Adeline. She was born on 10/10/11. It's nice to read all about your adventures and have someone whom I can relate to right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job this week!!! I agree with the whole weight isn't the only measurement. But you did AWESOME with being active and upping your water intake!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails