2.18.2010

easy fajitas

We're meeting friends for dinner tonight at our local Mexican restaurant.  :) Love a good time with good friends! In honor of that...I thought I would give you my easy you-could-do-this-in-your-sleep it's so easy fajita recipe.  Justin loves fajitas.  And something that I have learned about myself as a new wife...I tend to go back to the same meals he loves.  The second year of marriage, I'm actually throwing a few selfish meals in there that are things I really love (Italian, anyone?)  But here is one of his faves:

Slice up a medium-size green pepper and onion (you can add a red pepper in as well) and saute over low-medium heat in a couple tablespoons of olive oil for about 10 minutes.


Add in one package of Tyson's Fajita Chicken Breast Strips and Seasoned Steak Strips (found in the lunchmeat section of your grocery store...and I can almost always can find a coupon for these).


Saute the meat, peppers, and onions for another 10 minutes or until tender.
(Follow directions on the package of the chicken breast strips if you wish.)


This is as yummy as it looks and has so much flavor! Add your favorite tortillas (we go with wheat), sour cream, salsa or pico, and a side of black beans and/or rice.....and you have a delicious, healthy, Mexican dish for a quick weeknight meal.  Easy. Tasty. My kind of meal!



Pin It!

8 comments :

  1. I have not seen those tyson meats before...how is that possible living in tyson country??!! ;)
    Having pre-seasoned and pre cut meats would be so helpful in a dish like that, I'll give it a try for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love love love fajitas in my house..

    Stopping by from Friday Follow..

    Happy Friday!

    Keely

    www.mannland5.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!! Visiting from "Friday Follow"! I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit me!

    Have a great weekend :)
    ~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visitng from SITS :)

    Cute blog and this recipe looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following from Friday follow. The recipe looks great. I always have trouble getting the meat to taste right on fajitas, I'll have to try Tyson's strips.

    http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Those fajitas look awesome.

    Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. Have a wonderful weekend and pleasure to meet ya.

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I’m Joy from Girly Girl Giveaways coming over from the Friday Follow to say HELLO!

    Come visit me, too: http://girlygirlgiveaways.blogspot.com

    Those fajitas look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds so yummy! Thanks!

    I'm following you from Friday Follow!
    Heather
    http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your support and insight encourage and inspire me! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails